One City Plaza
Norwich, NY 13815
Fax: (607) 334-1208
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
City Assessor - Rochelle Harris
Hours: Mondays from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. - no appointment necessary; 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. with an appointment.
Commissioned by the State of New York, the City Assessor is responsible for locating, listing, and valuing all taxable and non-taxable real property within the City. The City Assessor
- Maintains records for each parcel within City boundaries.
- Receives complaints on assessments and assists the Assessment Board of Review during Grievance Day proceedings.
- Attends the public examination of the Tentative Assessment Roll.
- Completes and publishes the Final Assessment Roll.
- Prepares reports as required by the Common Council or the New York State Office of Real Property Tax Services.
- Provides school districts within the assessing unit with compiled information related to local assessments and their taxable status.
- Reviews and makes determinations of tax exemptions.
- Conducts assessment review and property inspections when necessary.
- Assesses new or partial constructions.
Some helpful links: